I’ll be posting recipes on this page.
So…instead of having to search for them on the blog page, you will find all of them right here.
Olive Oil + Vinegar Salad Dressing
This is my ‘go-to’ salad dressing. I use it on salads, chicken, pork and steamed veggies. It is awesome. You gotta try it!
- 4 oz. olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar (OR cider vinegar)
- 1/2 t. garlic paste (optional; found in the spice section of your supermarket)
- 1/2 t. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 t. black pepper
Add all ingredients to a salad dressing shaker bottle (or clean glass jar with tight-fitting lid).
Shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
Drizzle on salads, chicken, pork or steamed vegetables.
Store salad dressing in the refrigerator.[box type=”info”]The refrigerator will cause the oil and vinegar to separate. To re-mix, place the bottle in the microwave for 10 seconds on LOW-power. Then, shake the bottle vigorously for a few seconds to mix everything up.[/box]
An Alternative to Diet Soda
I’ve always been a huge fan of diet sodas. I’m trying really hard to stay away from them. I found this alternative. It’s bubbly and tasty: and good for me too!
- Ice cubes
- 8 oz. Carbonated mineral water (in the ‘drink mixers’ section of your supermarket)
- Several slices of lemon
Add ice and lemon slices to a tall glass. Pour in the mineral water and stir.
NordicWare Egg Poacher
I eat a lot of eggs. One of my favorite ways to cook them is to poach them, two at a time, in the microwave. Here’s the tool that I use (affiliate link). It’s fast, easy and a breeze to clean up. The poacher is dishwasher safe (top rack only).
Microwave Egg Creation
- Okay, so here is my GO-TO breakfast meal:
- 2 eggs
- splash of 1/2 + 1/2 (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- a few baby spinach leaves (if you feel like it)
- 2 pieces pre-cooked bacon, chopped (you can also use deli ham or sliced mushrooms)
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a four-cup glass measuring cup (or other microwave-proof bowl) whip the eggs and 1/2 + 1/2 until well-beaten.
- Add the green pepper, spinach leaves,bacon and ground black pepper.
- Cover the container with wax paper and microwave on high for about 3-4 minutes (or until eggs are cooked completely).
- Carefully remove the wax paper and serve with your choice of Paleo-approved vegetable (like radishes or tomatoes).