Large, deep skillet [mine was a 4.5 quart-size (4.3L)]. It measures 10-1/2 inches in diameter and is 3-1/2 inches deep. If you don’t have a skillet that large, then use a dutch oven or stock pot because this recipes makes 4-6 large servings of goulash.
Mandoline – or a sharp chopping knife and cutting board
- 1 lb ground beef (mine was 80% lean and worked great)
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- 3 zucchinis (the standard food market 3-pack size) sliced very thin
- 1 onion – chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes (drained)
- 12-15 pitted black olives sliced in half (optional)
- jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Add the ground beef, Italian sausage, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning to the skillet.
- Brown the meat, stirring often.
- When the meat is about 1/2 way done, add the zucchini and continue to stir.
- Once the ground beef and sausage are no longer pink, add the diced tomatoes and olives. Stir.
- Continue to cook and stir for another ten minutes or so allowing the liquid to reduce.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon into bowls. Add more olives and jalapeno peppers if desired.
Try this and let me know what you think.